Keep Your Dog Away From These 8 Foods
Keep Your Dog Away From These 8 Foods
Everyone loves the four legged member in the family and if you are in a habit of slipping them a treat now and again from under the dinner table, you need to stop doing that. Pets love attention and they love to get an additional bite of food whenever they can. However, you need to be very careful about what they eat because there are some things which can be really dangerous for their health.
Caffeine, coffee and chocolate
A lot of dog owners are aware about the chocolate warning but they do not know that coffee and caffeine can do the same damage. All the three food items contain substances known as methylxanthines which are dangerous to the health of the pet. It can cause diarrhea, vomiting, panting and hyperactivity in the pet. It can also lead to excessive urination and thirst, tremors, abnormal heart rhythm and even death. Never ever let your dog come close to these three products. Dark chocolate is way more dangerous than milk chocolate because of the high level of methylxanthines.
Garlic, onions and chives
These three food products are commonly consumed across every household. They can cause gastrointestinal irritation in pets and it could lead to a severe damage in their red blood cells. Cats are highly susceptible but dogs are equally at risk if they consume more of these foods.
Uncooked meat, bones and eggs
Undercooked or raw meat can do huge damage to the health of the dog. They contain bacteria like Salmonella which can be equally harmful to pets and humans. In addition, raw eggs also contain an enzyme which is known as avidin and that enzyme reduces the absorption of biotin that causes skin and coat problems. Raw bones can be equally dangerous as they can choke the animals and if the bone is splintered, it will get stuck in the digestive tract of the pet.
Raisins and grapes
These two foods can cause kidney failure in the dog. Always keep the raisin cookies away from the dog. There is no scientific proof about what toxic substance is causing the trouble but it is best to avoid giving them to the dogs.
Heavy salt foods or salt in general, can lead to excessive urination and thirst. Anything like pretzels and chips can lead to sodium ion poisoning in the pets. There are signs that your pet may show when he has consumed too much salt. These include depression, vomiting, tremors, diarrhea, seizures, high body temperature and death.
Nuts contain high amount of fats and oils and this can cause diarrhea, vomiting and even pancreatitis in the pets. Macadamias are exceptionally dangerous for the pets because they lead to depression, weakness, hyperthermia, vomiting and tremors. Always keep nuts away from the pets. This includes pecans, almonds and walnuts.
You should never give alcohol to your pets. It will have the same effect on their brain and liver as it does to you. However, with pets, it takes a small amount to do a lot of damage. Even if the dog consumes very small amount of alcohol, it will lead to diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty in breathing, nervous system depression, coma, problems in coordination and death.
These might not be considered as foods but they can cause serious trouble to the pets. It is important to keep all the medications away from the pets and in a safe place. If medicines are ingested by your dog accidentally, it can cause serious damage.
What to do if the dog eats the restricted food?
You might not have been aware that certain foods are not suitable for pets or you might not have been aware that the food is in reach of the pet. There might be situations when the pet will consume the food and you might notice a change in their behavior. This is the reaction of the food consumed and you can more details about the same on https://lucyspetcare.info/dog-shouldnt-eat/. The first thing you can do is to ensure that the pet cannot have more of it. Take it away from them and put it in a safe place.
The immediate next step is to call a vet for consultation. If your pet is not in a condition to walk and their health is worsening, you will have to visit the vet immediately and seek medical assistance. Even if the pet has consumed a small amount of the food, take this step.https://thebeepingbell.com/keep-your-dog-away-from-these-8-foods/https://thebeepingbell.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/home-1-e1500752104689.pnghttps://thebeepingbell.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/home-1-150x150.pngHealthKeep Your Dog Away From These 8 Foods Everyone loves the four legged member in the family and if you are in a habit of slipping them a treat now and again from under the dinner table, you need to stop doing that. Pets love attention and they love to...Rajat PandeyRajat Pandeyrajatrexton.firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorThe Beeping Bell